Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Domains Australia’s Website, located at domainsaustralia.au.
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Domains Australia if you do not agree to take all the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement, and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You”, and “Your” refers to you, the person logged on this website and compliant to Domains Australia’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our”, and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect to the provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Victoria, Australia.
Unless otherwise stated, Domains Australia and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Domains Australia. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Domains Australia for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- Publishing any Domains Australia material in any other media;
- Selling, sublicensing, and/or otherwise commercializing any Domains Australia material;
- Publicly performing and/or showing any Domains Australia material;
- Using this website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- Using this website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- Using this website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity.
In these terms and conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images, or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant Domains Australia a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Domains Australia reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Domains Australia expresses no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Domains Australia, nor any of its officers, directors, and employees, be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract. Domains Australia, including its officers, directors, and employees, shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential, or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Domains Australia from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages, and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Domains Australia is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Domains Australia is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Domains Australia and you in relation to your use of this Website and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Victoria for the resolution of any disputes.
By using our website, you hereby consent to our terms and conditions.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) outlines the acceptable practices and prohibited activities related to the use of Domains Australia’s domains and web hosting services. Users of these services are expected to adhere to the guidelines set forth in this policy to ensure the integrity, security, and optimal performance of our services.
- Lawful Use: Users shall use Domains Australia’s services for lawful purposes only. Any use of our services for illegal activities is strictly prohibited.
- Security: Users are responsible for maintaining the security of their accounts and websites. Any attempt to breach the security of our systems or unauthorized access to other users’ accounts is prohibited.
- Resource Usage: Users shall not engage in activities that result in excessive use of server resources, including but not limited to CPU, memory, and bandwidth.
- Content Restrictions: Users must not host, promote, or distribute content that violates local, national, or international laws, including but not limited to content that is defamatory, abusive, obscene, or infringes on intellectual property rights.
- Spam and Unsolicited Emails: Sending unsolicited emails, including spam, is strictly prohibited. Users shall not use our services to send bulk emails without obtaining appropriate consent.
- Malicious Activities: Any attempt to compromise the security of networks or systems, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or distributing malware, is strictly prohibited.
Domain Registration and Usage
- Ownership and Transfer: Users are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of domain registration information. Domain transfers must comply with applicable policies and procedures.
- Domain Name Disputes: Users shall resolve any disputes regarding domain names in accordance with the policies of the relevant domain registry.
- Abuse Reporting: Users shall promptly report any abuse or violations related to domain names or web hosting services to Domains Australia.
Consequences of Violation
Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in one or more of the following actions:
- Warning: Users may receive a written warning about the violation.
- Suspension: Services may be temporarily suspended to prevent further violations.
- Termination: Repeated or severe violations may result in the termination of services.
Users and third parties are encouraged to report any violations of this AUP by contacting us.
Domains Australia reserves the right to amend this Acceptable Use Policy at any time. Users will be notified of any changes, and continued use of our services constitutes acceptance of the revised policy.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information that you provide directly to us, including but not limited to:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Account Information: Usernames, passwords, and other credentials used to access our services.
We may also collect non-personal information automatically when you visit our website, including:
- Device Information: IP address, browser type, device type, and operating system.
- Usage Information: Pages visited, time spent on our website, and other analytical data.
How We Use Your Information
We use the collected information for various purposes, including:
- Providing and maintaining our services.
- Improving and customizing user experience.
- Sending administrative communications and updates.
- Responding to user inquiries and requests.
- Enforcing our terms and policies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent. However, we may share your information in the following cases:
- With third-party service providers assisting us in operating our website and delivering services.
- When required by law or to protect our rights and the rights of others.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We implement security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You have the right to:
- Review and update your personal information.
- Opt-out of receiving promotional communications.
- Request the deletion of your account and personal data.
Our services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will take steps to remove such information.